Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Turn

Air and Space Museum
Representing our School!  Brigham Young Statue in the Capitol building
Geez, am I really THAT much of a midget next to my husband...compare these two pictures!




Every weekend, all summer (and all last summer for that matter), Carleton has been the one to make the 4+ hour drive to see me.  This weekend I decided to make the trek up to DC to see him.  I totally appreciate his sacrifice so much more now after making the painful drive myself. As much as I love road trips, I've never actually been the one driving.  Until last weekend I think 45 minutes is the farthest I've driven by myself, ever.  I know, it's ridiculous.  Anyway, that all changed this weekend and my back and butt were SCREAMING at me for not being able to adjust more than a few inches.  Once I got there it was great!  We got to spend time with Jen, Christian, and Greta, I hadn't seen them since our wedding!  We also went to the national zoo, the air and space museum (not the one at the mall, the one in Transformers...Carleton loved this one).  We also took a tour of the Capitol building, it was really pretty inside.  I wanted night pictures of Lincoln last time we went but I wasn't able to get them, I couldn't get them this time either as there were hundreds of people there, but I did get some of the Washington Monument.  Carleton and I took our typical picture-me grabbing his neck leaning back, him towering over me, kissing me-to switch it up (mainly for Doreen!) I put the camera on the tripod changed all the settings just the way I wanted them then ran and jumped on Carleton for a slightly different picture:)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I love that picture of you two kissing! HOTT!! I miss my Ash...and corn chowder!! Love ya girl!

Kristin C said...

So cool! I love the panda...I want to cuddle with it! It looks so cute and the little monkey!