Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NC State Fair

Carleton and I (well I think he does) love the fair!  I go every year, no matter where I live.  This year we went with the Connells and had a great (although very cold) time!  We were a little tired of the amusement park atmosphere I think, cuz we'd just come back from Disney World the night before.  However, since I'd already paid for the tickets, I wasn't going to waste the money!  I was just starting to feel better (I got sick at Disney) and then I went there and froze, I am now feeling better, FINALLY, after more than a week of being sick, a dr. appointment, and a pack of antibiotics later.  It seems to be just my luck that in two years at a job, I get 5 vacation days...and I'm sick for every one of them, nice.  

Anyway, aside from what is pictured below we saw local arts/crafts/lego creations, etc.  Pig/duck/goat races.  They also had a great firework show at the end of the night and a few other things I'm drawing a blank on.  All in all, a very fun night, but we always have fun with Ben & Kristin, no matter what we're doing, so no surprise there.  One thing I might've changed would be to get hot cocoa or something warm instead of all the frozen things!
This was our first attempt at the Ferris wheel, last year I was so upset that we didn't get to ride one with just the two of us, they stuck a dad and his two kids with us.  So this year I asked, said it was our anniversary, ok so a few days after, and said it was really important to us.  The guy was a HUGE redneck JERK on a power trip, and didn't let us, so I yanked my tickets back (he took 12 instead of the 10) and he was very rude as he pointed me away, I was so ticked off that I ran into the gate with my knee and didn't entirely notice until later...when I had a massive dark purple bruise that covered a third of my knee...seriously it was HUGE.  I'd take a picture now and show you, but it's been going on two weeks so it's not nearly as impressive, although still very much there!

We took this picture because our niece, Vera, had just been born, and she was 10.2 lbs, so when we spotted that 10.2 spud in the middle we thought of her:)
Cute little cow:)
...who was purchased by Harris Teeter for $20,000 :(
poor little fella

even though it was freezing, we still had NC State ice cream, and a frozen banana
The Ferris Wheel!


He's so buff:)
And finally the picture I've wanted my whole life: kissing the love of my life at the top of a Ferris Wheel:)  ...although it's a little fuzzy since it focused on the background instead so we might need a retake next year;)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the pictures, when did you get a fish eye lens? I can't imagine Ms Ashley getting so angry an grabbing your tickets. haha I bet that was a sight to be seen!

Kristin C said...

I LOVE the fair!!! That was so fun! Glad you finally got your picture!

Ben and Rachel said...

There seriously is nothing like the NC state fair. The Utah state fair is kindof getto and trashy. I love all of the photos...esp the one of you kissing on top of the ferris wheel - so sweet! I'm impressed carleton will take kissing pictures with you. Ben hates them

Anna said...

You guys are soo cute!! Seriously. Thanks for the Vera shoutout. Love the comparison to a 10 pound spud!!