Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Easter... to Carleton!

For Easter I got Carleton a bunch of red Starburst Jelly Beans (in the plastic eggs), Kit Kats, Oreos, Oreo Cakesters, and Cadbury Eggs. All in a cute basket with fluffy green Easter grass.

Carleton made me this:
He wanted to add celery but he heard my coming and with his sprained ankle couldn't hobble fast enough to finish. AND the chocolate is one that's leftover from a Valentine's day box of chocolates my mom got me, nice try, husband. Thanks for the, "you need to go on a diet" message for easter :p

I wanted to make this for my dad's birthday, but didn't have time and didn't want the chocolate to be soggy, so I made it Sunday for Easter. YUMMMMMM, thank you Allison for this delicious recipe. I used my mom's pie pan which was a couple inches bigger than any of mine. I didn't realize this until after I already made the crust, oops. I used three entire cartons of strawberries and expected it to be piled high, but again those few inches make a HUGE difference! Oh well, it still tasted phenomenal:)

I hope you all had a great Easter, and in Carleton's defense, he did say we could trade Easter baskets. He still hasn't opened the oreo cakesters which I'm dying to try...maybe tonight, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Moore4jess said...

HAHA You guys are too cute!:)And I'm sure he just wanted you to STAY skinny and be healthy and prob just desperate bc he didn't think about getting you something special not get skinnier!:)

Bush's said...

yes, it was soooo yummy!

Melanie said...

can't wait to make that pie!! So yummy. Cute baskets. I didn't even do one for John... oh wait because he wasn't HERE on Easter :-)

Allison said...

I know I could just make one myself, but damn, that looks good.