Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Outer Banks.

Last month we went to the Outer Banks with Carleton's family. It was so great seeing everyone, especially the little babies! There are some seriously beautiful kids in our family! Now I know what you're going to say, "What, not one SINGLE picture of you guys or anyone else with an entire week at the beach?!" That is correct, I only pulled my camera out once. We heard there was a sea-turtle on the beach laying eggs, but by the time we got there we just saw it's trail back to the ocean, darn!


Every time we walked to the edge of our beach (there's a fence that separates it so the wild horses and vehicles don't come on the other side) I saw birds sitting on these posts. I thought it'd be cool to get a silhouette shot of them, unfortunately the sun was behind me so that wasn't possible, but I shot a few for fun anyway.

Some farther away...
and some closer...
Some with slower shutter speeds...

and some with faster shutter speeds...

We had a nice little pool at our house which was a nice way to cool down and relax without freezing in the icy ocean water. I held live crabs (as in more than one) for the first time (Carleton wanted to show our nieces how brave I am, and used that strategy to try convincing them to hold some, it worked on a couple of them.) We went on lots of walks and found a place that had at least 60 turtles including one huge alligator snapping turtle. We went back later with the kids and fed them lots of bread, I've never seen so many turtles in my life. Some were swimming and probably two dozen or so were sitting on the grassy edge, sunbathing. What a nice life:)

Despite getting sick, and Carleton having to study every day for at least 3-5 hours/day, we had a great time and ate WAY too much yummy food. I think our next family vacation should be in the winter so we can eat all we want and cover up our full bellies with puffy ski coats:) As Lana said, "You don't come on vacation to loose weight." Ain't that the truth!


0 comments: