Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Baby Showers!

I had three wonderful baby showers thrown for me in Chapel Hill and Greensboro by 8 incredible women.


First baby shower and the lovely hosts:

2

Lana made this delicious cake:
Untitled-1

I requested to have the same one from our reception in TN because it was amazing!

I had to guess how much each of the items in the basket cost, I was closest on ONE item. It was a little embarrassing.
DSC_8135

DSC_8146

DSC_8159

DSC_8163

My mom made this little diaper motorcycle thing, it was cute:)
DSC_8140


Second baby shower (milk and cookies theme) and the beautiful girls who threw it:

DSC_8217w

Talk about your variety of cookies!
DSC_8204

DSC_8206

cookiesw

And what's a milk and cookies party without cute straws for the milk! They had regular and chocolate milk and pink lemonade to drink!
cookie showerw

I loved the banner that Kathryn made of the progress pictures throughout my pregnancy, I wish I would've taken a better picture of it...I thought I did. I will, eventually!
DSC_8226

...we had fruit too:)
DSC_8214

Three pregnant women: Me (yikes-note to self: don't curl hair and/or wear sweaters while pregnant if it's not freezing outside-you get hot/sweaty and therefore look ugly!) Heather (who has since had her baby) and Hayley (due three days after me!)

DSC_8223


And the last but certainly not least baby shower:

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the host (or any other people for that matter, myself included) at this one, but Jess and Allison did a fantastic job. The decorations were beautiful, the food was tasty, and the games were fun! The theme was "She's about to POP!" hence the cheesecake "pops" on top of the cake, popcorn kernal guessing game, and other "pop" themed foods...like white chocolate popcorn with m&ms...yum.

DSC_8244

Allison's famous chocolate/raspberry cake:
DSC_8232

1

DSC_8246

The game table:
DSC_8251

4

3


Looking at theses pictures make me HUNGRY, all the food was AMAZING! I loved all the details in each of the showers. I know they each worked so hard making everything perfect and I appreciate it so much!

A HUGE "thank you" to my mom, Jesica, Lana, Christal, Kathryn, Becca, Jess, and Allison for all the work you did! Thank you also to all those who came!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Okay, I'm really glad you DIDN'T take a picture of me because it turns out that straightening my hair and standing over chicken satay in the process of being grilled makes me hot and ugly, so.... Pictures are adorable. I already told you I'd be jacking them for my blog. :)

Unknown said...

ok one you did not look ugly...do you see me in these pictures?! YIKES.

and please do jack them:)

Becky said...

Serious FUN! So excited for you, Ash! Wish I could have been there :(

Diane and Bart said...

I finally caught up on your blog. So happy for you...little girls are the best! Loved all your shower pictures and you prego pictures at hanging rock are amazing! Good luck on the arrival of the little one.