Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Carleton the Graduate.

Carleton's parents came to Durham for Carleton's graduation weekend. The first night they were here we went to Sweet Tomatoes...the place Carleton took me for our first date:) After dinner (since it was Winter time) it was pretty dark so he took me to the most beautiful sight in NC. Had he been clever he would've said that was me, instead he drove me here:
There was no bus parked in front of it, not hundreds of people standing out front taking pictures, and it was a lot darker, but you can still see how beautiful the Duke Chapel is.
The next day we went to Duke Gardens and the Law School so his parents could see why Duke's tuition is so high:) We then went to a really good Chinese Restaurant in Chapel Hill with my whole family (parents, sister and her fam, and my grandparents) and of course Carleton's parents:)
My great friend, Allison, let me sit in on one of her cake making expeditions (and even help!) So I used her recipe when it came time to make a graduation cake for Carleton's big day! It was 4 layers of chocolate/raspberry/chocolate buttercream/ganache goodness!
Here sits Carleton's fan club (those of us who went) waiting for graduation to start.
His graduation was really well done and quite classy!
I searched for Carleton's seat so I knew right where he'd be sitting and wrote him a special note. The girl sitting next to him was sad she didn't have a personalized message in her program, you're so loved, honey:)
Here he comes, here he comes! He was HEADS above all the people around him:)
So serious...
I was recording the guy saying his name and as I was trying to switch back to camera mode I didn't realize my flash was up so I didn't get very good pictures...I got much better pictures of his friends, go figure.


My parents say we kiss in EVERY picture, I don't think so.

See, here's proof!

Ernest, Carleton, Lana (his parents)

us with our parents
this looks a lot more us, it was supposed to be the fun/goofy shot, clearly nobody else wanted to be fun...ok my mom is sticking her tongue to the side, she gets points.
The J-Reubs (LDS guys...most of them)
With the ladies
ow ow
last picture, Carleton, I promise.
After graduation, we went home and divulged in that 4 layer chocolate/raspberry goodness.
Saturday morning we found out Karl was graduating on Sunday, rather than Saturday like we'd thought. So we headed out around 5am to catch both his graduations (MBA and Law) from William and Mary.
Look at that studly graduate with Elsa.
This picture just makes me smile.
for more pictures of Vera click here.

I'm SO proud of Carleton, and I'm so glad he's mine all mine. Love him SO much!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations, both of you! I bet it feel great to be able to spend some time together again!

Kolste said...

yeah for Carleton! Congrats! And Ashley I did look at that picture you thought looked like Kaden and we both thought that it did! We hope you guys end up in Utah... :)

Danielle said...

Yay! That is so exciting..ugh i can't wait for Kelli just to get his Bachelors haha! He's a little slow! LOL! Congrats! Love Ya!

Ben and Rachel said...

Congratulations guys! So exciting.

Allison said...

Great post. Great pics. Huge accomplishment. Congrats!

ps - word verification is "suphis". So close!

Nikki Nichols said...

THat is so so so exciting for you guys! Looks like you made a wonderful family weekend out of it! What are your plans for the next chapter of you life?