Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Being Crafty

I LOVE being crafty. But I feel like it takes a lot of motivation, especially when you think about all the stuff you need to buy, pull out of bins, and then clean up afterwards. It's time consuming and messy. BUT when a couple friends decided to have a sewing party one day I was thrilled to be a part of it! After about 5 hours, no real pattern, and a very patient Sofia, I was finished with this beauty! Sofia "made up" this bag, she measured out some freezer paper and used a plate to round the edges, the rest was just different lengths/widths strips of fabric. How cool! I took a picture pretty much immediately after finishing it and only moved the essentials from my other purse, can you tell I'm pregnant? 3/4 of the pockets are full of food and drink....typical. The outside has a pocket on each end, one is meant for keys, the other a phone...it might turn out to be a bottle pocket though in a few months;) Thank you Meaghan for hosting and Sofia for teaching! I'm excited for this to become a regular occurrence:)
bag

3 comments:

Brent and Lauren said...

nicely done, that is one beautiful diaper bag!So do when does the baby name poll roll out? lol

Unknown said...

we haven't discussed names for even 1 second. We've been CRAZY busy and Carleton doesn't feel the need to do it yet. I guess we do have almost 20 more weeks (maybe...I wouldn't complain if I have her a couple weeks early!)

Danielle said...

I WANT ONE!!! That is sooooo cute!! I love you ash and I am so excited for your baby girl to come!!