Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who needs Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory....

when they post the directions to making their delicious apples, along with all the ingredients on their website, and you've got great friends to make your own with!

All you need is a good clean crisp apple, we had granny smith (what they use at Rocky Mntn.)
Then you melt some caramel- by the time you're done it no longer looks like wet dog food
Then you did your apple and do the twirling effect to let as much caramel run off as you can
like this!
Spectators are always welcomed-she wanted in on the apple deliciousness
Next you layer on the white chocolate
mix cinnamon and brown sugar
place on the sugar/cinnamon concoction
and start the twirling/spinning movement again, this time, sideways!
Then ta-da DELICIOUS! I apologize for no pictures of us enjoying them, but they were too good to put down long enough for someone to snap a picture!
no this is not our child, but she's SOO cute, and we love playing with her at every chance we get...this was our entertainment for the night, watching Tessa's reaction to being in the punch bowl
yes, she has amazing eyelashes
I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back, because she was pretty tired of the punch bowl by this point...
Finally, safe with mommy and her two trusty fingers
It's a good thing it's late and there's no way I'm going to the store to buy caramels, because I'm really craving some sweet, sugary apples right now! Definitely will be doing this again!

PS- I'm happy to report, after many questions about when I was going to put up all my step-by-step posts, I have finally caught up...I think, I hope!

2 comments:

Ben and Rachel said...

YUM!

Allison said...

Yes, yum. More for the kid than the apples... hehehehe